09 Dec Juana Acosta, nominated for Best Actress in Anna, attends the Fenix Awards
Juan Acosta, nominated for Best Actress for her role in Anna (Jacques Toulemonde), attended the Fenix Awards for Ibero-American Cinema. In the end, the award for Best Actress went to Sonia Braga for her work in Aquarius. Neruda was the big winner with four top prizes. The complete list of winners is as follows:
• Full-length Feature Film: “Neruda”
• Director: Kleber Mendonça Filho, “Aquarius”
• Screenplay: Gabriel Mascaro, “Boi Neon”.
• Actress in a Leading Role: Sonia Braga, “Aquarius”.
• Actor in a Leading Role: Guillermo Francella, “El clan”.
• Cinematography: “Boi Neon”.
• Sound: “El clan”.
• Costume design: “Neruda”.
• Editing: “Neruda”.
• Art design: “Neruda”.
• Music: “Tempestad”.
• Full-length Documentary Film: “Tempestad”.
• Cinematography for a Documentary Film: “Tempestad”.
Juana already received a special mention by the Jury for her work in Anna in the Colombian Film Festival of New York. Anna is the story of a mother seeking to conquer her son’s love while she demonstrates to herself that she can be the perfect mother. They travel from one place to another in places full of suspense and on a merry-go-round of feelings that go from the highest heights of euphoria to the deepest depths of depression.